July 10, 2008

Jasmine


Jasmine is our goldfish (named by Halle).  Abby remembers that we bought her on July 10th of last year . . . so of course, we need to celebrate her birthday this year on July 10th.  Abby and Halle are SO excited about Jasmine's birthday.  They have been planning her birthday for weeks.   They wanted me to make a fish cake and wanted to buy her presents . . . like a castle for her fishbowl.  Ben would egg them on and tell them we should invite her fish friends over and take them downstairs to watch Finding Nemo with us.  They would laugh so hard and think about how Jasmine would have the best birthday ever!  Abby is really convinced that Jasmine knows it is her birthday and that she is so excited about it!  
We ended up decorating brownies, singing Happy Birthday, and together we blew out a candle for Jasmine.


Happy Birthday Jasmine!  We are so amazed you have made it this far!
(And Lisa . . . we  can't thank you enough for babysitting our fish while we have been out of town!)

3 comments:

Rebekah said...

So CUTE! I think that is so fun...that little glodfish...how is it so old? I love that you all celbrated it...your girls are so cute like that. love you! REbekah

Unknown said...

It was fun having Jasmine in our apartment - my roommates and I kind of miss her. I'm relieved that she survived her stay with me and was able to make it to her birthday party!

Lizzy said...

How funny! How did I not even know you had a fish? What a landmark birthday!