I have been eyeing ruffled comforters for months now. I LOVE them.
But to find one in WHITE was difficult . . . and finding one with the ruffle look I had in my head was such a challenge. So I MADE my own!
I used white sheets for all of it actually. It was easier to get the Queen size I needed by just using flat sheets for the top and the bottom. I used sheets for the ruffles too. I just cut them into 2 inch strips, pinned them on, and then began sewing. Sewing the ruffles was definitely the most time consuming part. If I could do it again . . . I think I would take the time to finish the strip edges. I didn't here. I wanted a "shabby look", but now I'm worried it might be too shabby! I just cut them out and sewed them on (I am so lazy like that).
But . . . I hear there might be a spray that you can spray on fabric to help it not fray???? If anyone can confirm that for me that would be great!
Once I got all the ruffles sewed onto the top piece, I added batting and the bottom piece. This could easily just be made into a duvet cover as well. That would probably be easier. But I went the comforter route and sewed batting in between and then finished the edges.
Here's to a finished project!
3 comments:
Wow - that was quite a project. It looks great.
This looks amazing Shelley! I am so glad you did it...very inspiring :)
love you!
Rebekah
that is so stinkin cute!! I am so loving ruffles right now. There is some different things out there to help with fraying. I've used one that is like a glue stick & you just put it on all the edges that you don't want to fray. I think I just got it at JoAnn's & it worked fantastic.
Post a Comment