June 15, 2012

At the Hospital Again

It seems like we have had a lot of medical needs this last seven months.

Yesterday . . . we were able to keep that thought up!

I took the kids to Seven Peaks yesterday.
Abby and Halle are old enough and tall enough to go down many of the slides themselves.
So when we go . . . I let them go do the slides they want to and then Gwen and Austin stay with me.
After being there for about an hour and a half, I am notified that Abby and Halle were hurt in one of the slides and that Abby was being looked at by the EMT.
Halle was shaken up and said her head hurt, but she could walk and talk.

When I got to the First Aid station, Abby was laying on a stretcher with a neck brace.
Apparently she had blacked out for a minute after falling off the tube in the slide, hit her head and shoulder pretty good.
They recommended taking her by ambulance to the hospital.
I asked her if she wanted me to just take her, but she didn't think she could even sit up. And I guess where they weren't if her neck and head were injured, it was probably a good idea to not make her move anyway.
She rode away in an ambulance.
I packed up the other kids, called Ben, and met them at the hospital.

Luckily, she checked out okay. No broken bones and neck damage.
She said it will be awhile before she will get back on that slide.

I'm glad she is okay.
While I was at Seven Peaks, I was actually thinking to myself how much easier it has gotten to take them there . . . now that no one is a baby and the two older girls can do some things on their own.
So much for that!




2 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow! It has been a crazy year for you guys. Glad Abby is ok.

Kristi said...

Poor Abby! Glad to hear she is doing okay!