Lake Powell.
This was my first trip, Ben's as well.
Ben has some relatives who own a timeshare on a houseboat.
I wasn't really sure what to expect, and not really sure if I would like being on a boat for a week.
But I have to say, this is one of my FAVORITE family vacations!
I think this is up there with Disneyland for me.
And I REALLY love going to Disneyland.
This turned out to be THE MOST relaxing vacation!
I got tan (for me).
I read a book.
I only had to cook one day out of the whole week!
The weather was GREAT!
Even though several people got sick (throwing up kind) for about 12 hours, including me, Ben and Austin . . . it was still so fun and hard to come back to real life.
This is a view I woke up to one morning.
Abby was watching the kids on the water . . . this had to have been around 7 or 8 in the morning.
We slept on the top deck of the houseboat.
I LOVED that!
The temperature was great, the stars were beautiful . . . .
My girls really got into the tube wars.
I only played once . . . it was a slightly vicious game.
Austin loves to do whatever his sisters are doing.
This makes Ben so mad!
Ben's Aunt Janet had brought his grandmother's button collection.
It was a HUGE collection!
Austin really got into making button necklaces.
I came home with several!
I felt pretty loved!
I was surprised at how fearless the kids were sometimes!
Here Austin and Neal (well actually, that is Neal jumping off and Austin watching . . . but Austin would jump off too) jumping off the side of the boat.
The back of the boat had a water slide that they would go down often too!
|
|
Ben got his waterskiing fix.
He hasn't gone in years.
Abby and Halle were able to try it out!
I hope it works out to go again someday!



No comments:
Post a Comment