April 9, 2014

Spring Break Vacay - Day 1


I had a hard time figuring out what to do for Spring Break this year.
A few months ago I thought maybe it would be fun to spend a couple days at Disneyland
and then a day at the beach.  I started planning it and reserved a hotel room.
 But as Spring Break got closer, that thought just made me tired :)
Then I started leaning toward St. George.   A couple years ago we rented a condo there and had a really good time swimming and hiking and visiting a few church sites.
But then, Ben pointed out that there are so many things closer to us that we haven't really done.
So, we decided to have a Salt Lake City vacation for Spring Break this year!


Our first stop was actually about an hour north of Salt Lake.
We wanted to visit the Crystal Hot Springs in Honeyville, UT.
Our kids have never visited a hot springs before, and I haven't been to one since I was in high school.
This one has two water slides, a few different pools with varying temperatures, and a clothing rule!



It has been so long since we have been able to swim outside!
The water was really warm and the facility wasn't crowded at all.
The water slides are a nice addition for kids (and adults).  
The kids and Ben went down that so many times!
Abby did complain about bugs in the water (although I'm not sure what you can do about that).
Gwen didn't really like how her skin felt after being in the mineral/salty water.
The facility wasn't as big as I expected . . . I guess pictures are always misleading!
But ultimately, we had a GREAT time and liked swimming somewhere different!

No comments: