April 27, 2008

Selling Something?

I'm not quite sure where this came from, but this last week Abby told Ben and me at dinner that she wanted to quit school and get a job to "earn money before going to college".  Okay . . . she is only 6!  We quickly let her know that she had to stay in school in order to get into college. But she still wants a "job".  
Saturday morning she told me she wanted to "sell stuff".  I asked her what she wanted to sell. She wasn't really sure, but she wanted to sell something and wanted to do it "right away".  My mother in-law wrote a VERY cute thought book titled ABC's for a Happy Marriage (www.ABCHappyMarriage.com).  Ben was involved with the publishing aspects of it . . . and so we are storing a lot of the books at our house.  I pulled out a few for Abby and told her what kind of commission she could get if she sold one.    Very optimistically, she made signs and had me help her set up a table outside so she could sell books to "all the people that will go by".  Okay, we live at the  end of a cul-de-sac . . . so it is not very busy . . . but Abby didn't seemed too concerned with that.  Unfortunately, after about 20 minutes . . . and not selling a single book . . . she said she was done.   Hopefully she will be this determined to get a job to "earn money FOR college" when she is older:).

3 comments:

Lizzy said...

What an ambitious little girl! It's always so hilarious to me how little kids' minds work. How do they think of this stuff?! So cute!

Charles said...

Thanks for the Blog invite! Beautiful family and nicely designed site, don't mind Ben's laughing! You may be slow with the site, but you should hear him try to sing a Bryan Adams song. (I think I'm going back to Junior High on that reference)
Anyway...thanks again...in exchange for the invite, I will not report you to the proper authorities for child labor law violations! :) Haha.

Terrific site, terrific kids! All the best! :)

Rebekah said...

Such a fun post! IT made me laugh so hard! I miss you guys all ready... when i see your girls again they are going to be so much bigger! Tell your girls HI for me!
love, Rebekah