June 12, 2008

School's Out!

School has been out  for about 2 weeks now.  I have been so excited about summer for months . . . mainly because I have been tired of the "school routine" for awhile.  I like having my kids home with me!  In the past, when I would hear moms say say that, I thought it was so weird. I mean . . . come on!  It is a dream come true when kids go to school . . . they actually leave the house for awhile!  But I have to say that I like having them home with me and am realizing they won't always want to do things with me . . . so I should take advantage of this now.
During these last two weeks, Abby and Halle have been in swimming lessons, which they LOVE!  Especially Halle . . . sometimes I think she is a fish.   Abby has also been doing a cheerleading clinic with her friend Isabel.  She really liked learning a dance and some cheers . . . and was pretty good at remembering them and performing them!

So far . . . these two weeks into summer have been fun.  There has been a lot more fighting going on however.  I don't know if it is because I have girls . . . or if it is just because they are kids. But they fight about EVERYTHING!  So often I hear comments like "she looked at me!", or "she talked mean to me!".   It is funny how they can fight and be SO mad or have a serious meltdown and then become best friends a short time later.   

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about having your kids home with you . . . all my friends wonder why I haven't gone stir crazy yet with my little newborn - because I love being with him more than anything! I miss him every time I have to leave him with Scott (even though he is such a GREAT dad) and am so happy when I get home and see him again!

Rebekah said...

I love that first picture where gwen is trying to copy abby with her little finger. Abby would be the best cheerleader! and I can just imagine Halle swimming so well... I miss them!
love, rebekah