May 25, 2008

Are Monkey's in Real Life?

Okay . . . so last week Halle asked me if "monkey's were in real life".   I told her "yes"and that some of them live in zoos . . . so people can see how they act "in real life".   She then asked me how they can be alive in the zoo "when their heads are attached to the wall!".   It was then that I realized a trip to the zoo was VERY overdue.   We have been to the BYU Bean Life Museum often . . . and that is where Halle is remembering the animals that were once alive . . . but now stuffed and on display.   So Saturday we went to the Hogle Zoo in Salt Lake.


The weather was great and we all had a really good time.  But most importantly, Halle has now seen "monkey's in real life!"

3 comments:

Lizzy said...

That looks like you guys had so much fun! The girls look fascinated, I'm sure they loved it. I can't wait to be able to see my kids discover things like that. I can't believe what Halle said about their heads on the wall. Hilarious! By the way, I kept expecting an American Idol post after the finale. How did the girls vote at the end? And by the way, I love your sunglasses, they are hot!

Rebekah said...

OK, so every time i read your blog posts I feel so homesick because i miss your little girls so much. And they are growing up so fast :( I love Halle's way of thinking... she is so smart! Miss you!
love, rebekah

Jen said...

Ben,

It was really great to visit with you at Rachel's wedding festivities. You are so stinking funny.

Your blog is awesome. Wish I had some time to do that. Maybe I can find some if I stop doing laundry. Just kidding. That would be a disaster.

Anyway, thanks for staying in touch, for remembering my birthday, and for updating me on your life. We'll send you some updates, as soon as I write them. Look forward to a christmas card from us, at least.

Jen