April 13, 2009

3 Weeks Later

Well, it has been 3 weeks since our handsome boy was born.   Today was the first weekday that I have been on my own . . . a mom of 4 (doesn't that seem like so much more than 3?)  The kids are still alive, I am not crying (actually, I haven't cried at all with this little guy--he's so good!) and I feel like making dinner . . . so I guess things are going okay.


Yesterday my Grandma invited the family over for Easter Dinner.  This was my first activity out of the house with ALL the kids.  It went really well and felt normal.  Maybe I can do this!


13 comments:

Susan said...

He's just precious Shelley! Glad you made it out of the house!!

Lizzy said...

Wow, he is SO handsome!! I absolutely love the family picture. It's like a real family picture, with lots of kids. 3 really does seem so much more than 4, I wonder if it's just that fewer people have 4 than 3? Abby also looks so grown up, maybe because she is getting so tall! I didn't realize how tall she was until I saw this picture of everyone standing. I am so glad you are surviving and feeling well and up to things. I'm super impressed that you have made dinner though! I LOVE these pictures of Austin, I can't get enough of them. We need to skype!! Love you!

AO said...

I admire you so much! I barely make it out of the house at night with Collin....and yes, Austin is SO cute! So fun to see you guys. You look great! And yes, four kids is MUCH more than three!

Rebekah said...

I can't believe how cute he is! I cant wait to come over and hold him again. He really is such a good baby! He seriously looks like a little man, i can't wait for mine to come! I loved your new family picture with all FOUR of your kids...it really does seem so much more than three, but you are such a natural!
love you,
Rebekah

Melinda H. said...

You are going to do just fine with four! Even though I have four I can honestly say I don't know if it is any harder than having three...we skipped that step! I am sure that those three little mama helpers that you have are going to make your life so much simpler and I am not joking about that! It seems the more kids you have the more that last child knows how to be calm, maybe all the noise before it was born? He is adorable, congrats again!

Troy and Mandy said...

He is so adorable!! Congrats again on the new baby! We can't wait to meet him :)

Kristi said...

Austin is so handsome! I'm glad that he is being such a good baby for you. We can't wait to come meet him this summer!

Candi said...

Man he is cute! You're a brave woman... I thought I was going to die after Mason was born. And that was just with one! (It's all better now) I'm glad to hear you're doing so well. You're family looks adorable - as usual :)

Shalyce said...

Sweet boy. Congrats. Just remember, "I think I can..." Your family is perfect, and you look more gorgeous than ever.

Unknown said...

I love the pictures of Austin...he is such a handsome little man!

Ryan O'Berry said...

He is really cute. It was really nice to see all of you on Easter.

Sunshine said...

Shelley! Congrats on your beautiful boy! I'm a little late on the news. He is so handsome. I'm so happy for you.

Cecilia said...

He's so handsome! Congrats!