
Halle found a praying mantis in our yard two days ago. She picked it up and made it her pet Grassy. He lost a leg yesterday (we think Gwen might have pulled it off) and then he died today . . . or maybe last night. She has been SOOOO sad about this! Halle has been crying and crying.

We buried him in our back yard. This seemed to help her feel better. Good thing this wasn't a dog or some animal where more investment and attachments happen! I don't know what I would do! It made me sad to see her so sad.

Tonight before bed, Halle said, "I can't wait until I die. Then I will see Grassy again."
3 comments:
Man, you might never want to get her a real pet. She might not be able to cope with it if it dies. How sad!
I just noticed that I am logged in as someone else, but this is really Melinda Harr, your cousin.
Oh no, that's so sad and cute! Halle is a doll!
Post a Comment