January 19, 2010

January So Far . . .

What has the new year brought us so far? Well to start out . . . Gwen no longer goes to nursery during church. She is now in Primary and is SO happy about it. So far, each Sunday this month she has told me how she does NOT want to go to nursery and play with babies. She really is so grown up.

Abby and Halle started piano lessons. We found an EXCELLENT teacher . . . and she comes to our house to teach! I'm so happy to get a little more use out of our piano that Ben and I refinished a few years ago!


Abby also started playing basketball (no picture for this one . . . how do you take pictures in gyms anyway?)! She seems to like it okay, and is getting a grasp of how to play.
This year Disney is doing a promotion where you can "Give a Day . . . Get a Day". Disneyland MAY be in our future this year . . . so what a fun thing to do! We signed up as a family to make blankets for Project Linus. The girls picked out the fabric and helped cut the fringe edges. Tomorrow we will drop them off and then they will be delivered to Primary Children's Hospital or other Utah hospitals where children need them.

Ben still works full time and just started his 2nd term in the EMBA program. So far, it is going well and he is really enjoying everything he is learning. For me, I feel like I have been able to get used to him being busy with school and I am learning that I CAN take care of my kids by myself! Not that I am saying I prefer to do it by myself . . . but I am doing okay and am not off to the looney bin.

As to our move, and how I am adjusting to our new area and house . . . I am doing okay! We moved 5 months ago, and honestly, even though Ben and I had talked about it and felt good about it and such . . . it was really hard to leave my house and neighborhood. I really miss it. BUT, we are doing well and I feel good about where we are. Life is good.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

wow...such an eventful month!! so neat that they are doing piano and bball--very well rounded:)
love you!
Rebekah