May 19, 2010

Recital


Abby and Halle started taking piano lessons in January. Their first piano recital was this last Monday night. And boy . . . were they nervous! But they did SUCH a good job! They both had memorized their pieces . . . 2 songs each.

I was going to let them take a summer break from piano lessons, and start back up in the fall. But they actually fought me on that decision (well mainly Abby, but Halle was in agreement). So, now they will still take piano lessons for another 6 weeks or so, and then take the rest of the summer off. I figured, I probably should really take advantage of this time where they WANT to be taking lessons. Halle especially spends a lot of time practicing these days . . . above and beyond her "required" amount of time.

Good job girls!

3 comments:

Jim and Nina said...

Wish we could have been there.

Lizzy said...

Good for them! I would have loved to be able to be there and watch them. There are such beautiful, talented girls and that is so awesome that they WANTED to keep taking lessons! Gotta get them in while you have that attitude :)

Lisa said...

That's great that they like it so much. They'll have to have a performance next time we visit!