February 1, 2011

Tangles

Attractive, I know . . . a brush full of hair. But Abby had some SERIOUS tangles in her hair this morning . . . and I'm sure almost all of her hair ended up in this brush. I don't think that spray-on de-tangler did anything for her hair today. Lots of tangles can easily put someone in a bad mood. I don't think she has ever shouted at me that much before school! Poor girl!

This morning was NUTS! Getting girls ready is getting harder than is used to be. Which is really weird. When they were smaller, I thought it was hard because I had to do their hair and pick out their clothes (or decide if a costume would be allowed) and find their shoes . . . and probably do other things that I just can't remember. (And keep in mind . . . these things were only done on days they HAD to get ready!)

Now that my two older girls go to school and are capable of picking out their own clothes and brushing their own hair (sometimes) . . . it still gets crazy! Like this morning . . . Abby could not brush out her hair . . . I almost couldn't brush it out! Halle's hair was easy enough, but she was not satisfied with the way her shirt "felt". She had to change her shirt . . . and then we had to talk about whether her new shirt matched the skirt and tights that she already had on. She is in FIRST GRADE! Did I care about clothes in the first grade? Probably . . . sometimes I just feel like my girls are growing up way too fast and that we should not be talking about clothes and hair and fighting about how old they have to be to have their ears pierced, wear makeup, and when they can open up a bank account to start saving for college (Abby's desire . . . which is an AWESOME desire . . . but she's in the 4th grade . . . who thinks about that in the 4th grade? . . . I'm glad she is responsible . . . but . . . anyway)

What is happening! Where is that time freezing device? I need one immediately!


1 comment:

Lizzy said...

Oh those sweet girls!! I think a lot of moms feel that way about wanting to freeze time, I sure do! It's so fun to watch them grow up and change, but I LOVE the stages they are in an miss them when they stop doing certain things. And that's hilarious that Abby already wants to save for college . . . she would :) Aaaaand it sounds like she could use some sleek looks herself. You better believe my little girl (should she ever have more than one inch of hair) will be using that miracle for tangles!