My girls get REALLY excited when I leave the house and they get to spend time with JUST their dad. Their favorite game as of the last few years has been sparring . . . or pretending to be ninjas. Apparently the other night got a little TOO EXCITING, and Halle ended up falling on her head with her neck making this cracking sound.
After having a cat scan and x-ray, she has checked out to be okay. No bone or ligament damage. She'll just have a sore neck for a few days, but nothing serious.
Now . . . I am really good at finding things to worry about.
Poor little Halle has already had two full head x-rays, and one regular mouth x-ray done by orthodontists in the last few months as I have been researching an orthodontic recommendation for her. And then topped with this cat scan and another x-ray of her neck.
She'll be okay, right?
5 comments:
Hi Shelly, I used to work with Ben at Tantara (remember me?). Anyway, my husband is almost a radiologist and I asked him about this. He said that she will be absolutely fine. The radiation levels for all of these tests are extremely low. The only time you EVER see anyone get too much radiation from x-rays and scans is when a tech is being too careless and doesn't protect themselves (this after doing scans all day every day for years and years). From one worrying Mom to another, she's going to be fine. Character building. :-)
She's going to be the toughest little girl in the neighborhood!
SCARY! I'm glad that she's going to be okay!
Hope she is feeling better.
Loving your blog Shelley! You are witty and funny. Cheers cousin in law!
Post a Comment