We were screaming at our house when we heard the news about the Provo Tabernacle. If you did not see General Conference this morning . . . check out this link.I am so excited that Gwen now will not have to just "settle" for a temple to get married in! Her favorite building will be both the castle she loves AND a temple! Here is a post I made about Gwen's feelings about this building last January. WaHoo!!!!
A little over a month ago this beautiful building, (the Provo Tabernacle . . . picture courtesy of somewhere online) caught on fire and was completely ruined. SO TRAGIC!
Gwen, who is 4, has loved this building along with everyone else familiar with it. She always called it "the castle" and claimed she would get married there.
The other day we were driving in Provo, and she started talking about how sad it was that "the big castle" burned down. Then, with a sigh, she said . . . ,"now I guess I'll just have to get married in the temple."
I tried hard not to laugh out loud.
4 comments:
We were so excited too, and I actually remembered this post you made and how Gwen loved the Tabernacle. What a happy ending. =)
I was going to email you today about that. When I heard the announcement my first thought was about Gwen and how she could now be married there. What a wonderful thing! :)
Doug and I totally talked about that Gwen story, it kinda gives me chills actually! it will be SUch a beautiful temple!
love, Rebekah
Awesome story! So cute! Miss you guys!
Jennifer Breithaupt
Post a Comment