Here we are at the Art City Days 5K.
This is my second 5K that I have run . . . EVER.
But let me back up a little.
About a month ago, my family attended a free 5K Family Fun Run. And I had no idea how life changing this event would be for me!
I had recently started running a little more on our treadmill in addition to some other workouts I do . . . but I didn't really have any goals with the treadmill.
I actually have never really liked running.
Whenever I would try it, all I could think about was how hard it was, how much it made body hurt, how hard it was to breath, and when can I stop!
Anyways . . . at the 5K last month, for some weird reason, I decided to run it.
My only goal was to not walk.
I had to keep running or jogging.
It didn't matter to me how long it took.
I just wanted to know if I could even do it . . . without walking.
I not only only was able to do it, I was able to do it at the same pace I had
been running (slowly) on my treadmill!
I cannot believe what a rush it was to finish a race that I wasn't sure I could even do!
And it was FUN!
I couldn't stop thinking about it all day . . . for several days after in fact.
I started looking up other races. I couldn't wait to go out and run again . . . and see what else I can do!
I signed myself and two of my daughters up for another 5K (pictured above).
I was able to get my sister (who is a real runner) to do it with me!
We ran that race yesterday.
Lisa (my sister) ran with me despite my slowness, but it was so good for me to run with someone who could go faster. She pushed me further than I would have done by myself. I was able to run the 5K about 4 1/2 minutes faster than the one I did last month!
My daughters did it too and they were great. Halle beat me by a few minutes (my daughter who loves to run). Abby did great and finished not too long after me. She did an awesome sprint at the end!
I think now I will work on training for a 10K!
2 comments:
You are so awesome! I love you!!!
I'm so glad you told me about the race! We're going to do it every year from now on. And if you need a running buddy for the 10K, let me know!
Post a Comment