We had a great time chilling on the "Y" looking out over the valley, BYU campus, Utah Lake, Seven Peaks (water park), etc. We also had a great time eating peanuts, Ritz chips, and carrots. You see, Abby thought we were only going to be drinking water and eating carrots on the Y--which she was so excited to do. Boy, was she surprised and SO, SO excited when I pulled some peanuts and chips out of my backpack that I forgot about from an airplane trip I took a while back! (Shelley may edit this but it's the truth! The secret is: keep expectations small... :)
On the trail...
Here's a view of the Y from where my office used to be (I'm standing on the dirt that's left...)
One thing I didn't mention earlier was that when we were sitting on the Y--eating our carrots, etc.--a man holding a baby in a snuggly dropped his water bottle and it bounced down to the bottom of the Y. As we were leaving, Abby saw the water bottle and said that we should go get it for him. So we got back on the Y and walked down toward the bottom and retrieved the water bottle. As we were walking back up with the water bottle the man with the baby was walking down (the Y is pretty steep so you always have to be careful and go slow). He was very appreciative that he didn't have to go all the way down to the bottom to get the water bottle.
Later, I asked Abby if she had fun. She said yes. And then she said, "But the best part was that I was able to do something nice for someone." Needless to say, I had a great time hiking with my little Abby. I love my little girl!
2 comments:
that is so tender! I love that she wanted to help, such a little angel! I can't believe abby hiked that thing with no problem. I used to run...well really jog...to condition for basketball...It always kicked my butt! I love the airplane food...such a classic Fales moment, being excited for that...Im glad you were able to bond with Abby... Love you! Rebekah
That is the sweetest little thing! Of course one of your kids would say that! That is so much fun that you guys did that just the two of you. I think Abby looks so beautiful in the picture of you guys with the carrots. I seriously lol-ed about the peanuts and chips! Ben, you are such an amazing father. She is such a cute little hiker!
Post a Comment