August 30, 2008

The Tooth Fairy Visits . . .

Halle for the first time!  I cannot even describe how excited she was about this.  A few days before her tooth actually fell out, we were at the park eating lunch.  She bit into an apple and started complaining that her tooth hurt.  I asked her if it was loose . . . and all the sudden . . . you could see in her eyes that she made the connection.  Halle said her tooth had been hurting for several days, and apparently she had had no idea why . . . until I asked her if it was loose! Anyway . . . when it finally fell out . . . there was too much excitement to describe!  It's a big deal to loose your first tooth!  
Kids at our house get a quarter from the tooth fairy for their teeth . . . and this has been a prized possession of hers ever since.

4 comments:

Lizzy said...

Wow! That quarter sounds familiar . . the Fales family of origin tooth fairy did the same thing! I love how losing a tooth can be so exciting for kids. Sounds awful to me!

Rebekah said...

That is so funny how she finally made the connection when you said her tooth was loose...I can just see her expressions when she was putting it all together in her mind...I love her so much! Anyways, we used to get quarters too, but since I was the 8th child, my toothfairy often forgot to bring me a quarter...but I didn't mind because then i would get an extra quarter for each night late...it was pretty sweet!
love you! Rebekah

The Mortenson Family said...

She looks so little to lose a tooth!! She's such a gorgeous little girl. Meg has yet to lose a tooth, but it very excited about the prospect. I'm sure the tooth-fairy will be checking for cavities before he... I mean she... will decide how much to leave =)

David Papa Fales said...

Ben, Shelley, Abby, Halle and Gwenyth, What an awesome and wonderful blog! I'm so sorry it's taken me so long to get on yours...but I now try to get on everyone's blogs on Sundays or at least once a week. I'm so proud of myself for learning how to blog at 59 1/2. Anyway, what wonderful pictures of your family...you all bring me so much joy and happiness! Abby in 2nd grade and Halle in soccer and losing her firt tooth...the time is flying! And congratulations on the new SUV...looks great and I know it was needed. Wow...great 8th anniversary celebration, too. (Kristine would love it if I did something like that for her...so glad my married sons are way out in front of me on these types of things...you're my examples!) Again, I'll be getting on your blog more frequently from here on out. You're always in my prayers. Love, Dad/David/Papa