October 16, 2008

Pumpkin Patch

Fall is here!  I really start looking forward to this in June (summer heat is my least favorite thing . . . unless I am on vacation).  I love the pumpkins, the cold weather and the treats!
Abby has "Fall Break" this week . . . and so it was time to go pick out pumpkins at the pumpkin patch.  The girls LOVE this!  This is a little embarrassing . . . but being the cheap person that I am, on the way to the pumpkin patch  I drove by a grocery store that was selling pumpkins for SUPER cheap.  The pumpkins at the pumpkin patch are not that unreasonably priced . . . I just sometimes take too much pride in saving a buck.  But Abby and Halle were confused of course and quickly let me know that it is much more fun to get pumpkins at the pumpkin patch than at a grocery store.  I quickly agreed and am glad we spent a few dollars more for a happy and MUCH more fun experience.



It is really hard to pick the right pumpkin.  Abby had picked out a couple before she finally was ready to walk away with one.  Halle was able to decide a little quicker . . . despite the meltdowns that happened occasionally.  Halle was probably more interested in the maze that the kids could go through.  Gwen enjoyed it all.  We went to this same place last year to get pumpkins . . . and now I  think we have found our "pumpkin finding" tradition . . . since the girls are already asking if we can go there next year!
 

6 comments:

Rebekah said...

I can not handle how darling these pictures are... especially Abby, i love her hair in that cute little pont-tail... anyways, I feel like I haven't seen your family in forever...I love fall too, and that pumpkin patch looked way too fun!
love, Rebekah

Lizzy said...

Of course Rebekah beat me to commenting again . . . I love the matching dresses, and Abby's boots are SO cute with her outfit! I love your story about the cheap pumpkins . . . totally something the pre-Jon me would have done! He has convinced me that sometimes an experience is worth a little more :) I love your "new addition" gadget - when I looked at them before, that was my favorite kind. So cute.

Ami said...

What a fun tradition! I keep vainly hoping that Dane is old enough to get excited about going to a pumpkin patch, but I think I'll have to be excited for the both of us.
P.S. I don't think I ever put it together that Ben and Dane have the same birthday...30 years apart. They should be best friends.

j said...

Cute blog Shellie! We have a blog too(: Shoot me an email and I'll send you an invite. barbaracatron@gmail.com
ps. John feel famous because he can see his head in the BYU pic below. haha.
pps. Your pregnant!?! Congrats(: cant wait to see your little bellie start growing.

j said...

If you didnt already know, the above comment is from me (Barbara) not John.

Grandma Walters said...

So fun to see the little ones keeping the "not so young" YOUNG. In Colorado (Littleton) we had a huge garden, reminiscent of my growing up in Cleveland, and our son Ken raised the pumpkins and walked off with the prize for the biggest. Memories...