Well . . . the first problem for me arose when Halle only wanted to be a princess. We couldn't come up with a story book theme were she could be the princess and we would all have something that coordinated . . . or that could easily be made. I wasn't sure how to make Beauty and the Beast costumes. So, I told her she could be a princess . . . and the rest of us would be a group "something" else. We finally decided on "Alice in Wonderland". Abby would be Alice, Gwen would be the white rabbit, Ben could be the Mad Hatter, and I would be the Queen of Hearts. I started making Abby's costume first . . . as I thought it would be the easiest. Well, Halloween is in what . . . 3 DAYS . . . and I am STILL working on it! I've learned that I don't really like to sew clothing. How in the world do you hem a dress???
So apparently . . . I am NOT that kind of mom . . . even though I really wish I was. And we will NOT have coordinating costumes.
3 comments:
Lol . . . What else can I say? That's hilarious. I keep glancing back at random lines you wrote. And laughing. You are so awesome Shelley!
HAH - this is HYSTERICAL, Shelley! So many of us out there...I am a self proclaimed "mothers of the year" :) & was screaming around WalMart about an hour ago trying to figure out how on earth I was going to "whip up" the Blue Angels Pilot costume that Beauwin's been telling people about for the last 2 weeks.
From one fellow non-seamstress to another - GOOD LUCK! Let's promise to post pictures - EVEN if we send out kiddos out in trash bags & call them "fall clean up" :)
Kelley Maher
oh wow... i am impressed that you even had that goal. I would never have made that goal in the first place, but then again, I can't decorate a cake either! You are such a good mom!
love, rebekah
Post a Comment