Abby and Halle woke up at their normal time this morning . . . but they fight about so many things! They ended up in time out within 10 minutes of my being awake. I get the girls breakfast and eventually I get dinner made (in a crock pot . . . my favorite thing ever!) I get everyone ready . . . except for myself . . . because I'm sure I'll have time to do that later . . . and I won't take that long anyway . . . so I think.
Finally it is almost time to go. It is then that I realize that Halle was dressed, but her hair was not done yet. We hurry and do it . . . and it end's up not looking very done. I can't seem to find anything to wear as many things do not fit the same. And I go downstairs to find that Gwen has pulled out her pigtails with ribbons and it is as shaggy as ever!
We roll into church and sit down, and I notice that Abby is wearing brightly printed underwear. How do I know this? I can see right through her dress!
Gwen is all over the place during Sacrament meeting and people sitting next to us start giving her things to do. Where were the things I brought? I didn't bring that many things because sometimes I think less is better (give me a break . . . she is 2!)
All of our church lessons today were on eternal marriage or motherhood responsibilities. I noticed things I could do better during these lessons . . . but then I got home and my kids would argue with me whenever my answer was "no" and we would ALL have meltdowns. Some mom I am . . . Dinner was great though! (Thanks for the Cafe Rio recipes Liz . . . and thanks for eating it with us Rebekah and Doug!)
5 comments:
I'm so sad I missed Cafe Rio . . . yum! You are so good to even TRY to have your girls' hair perfect (which by the way it almost always is when I see them). I love your stories . . . those little girls. My favorite is seeing Abby's underwear through her dress. Classic!
even if your girls dont have their hair done they still look so darling and cute!Dinner was SO GOOD... i haven't been that stuffed in a long time. Last night was way fun...it always is with you!
love, Rebekah
I guess I should be glad that I have boys. At least I don't have to deal with the ribbons, although Eric always ends up going out with his hair looking a mess. People don't have to see their underwear through their clothes but they do have to hear Eric screaming that he has to go poo every week during sacrament meeting. We have given up and started sitting in the very back corner in the overflow because "those Barnhisel boys" are so crazy you wonder why we even attempt sacrament meeting at all! So at least be comforted to know that we are all in the same boat right now and eventually they will grow up. BTW - I'd love to get those Cafe Rio recipes from you ... it's our fav resturaunt!
Oh Shelley - thank you for a good laugh! You are a great mom and an amazing person. And you've got to give yourself a break, you are pregnant, remember?
BTW, I want those Cafe Rio recipes! I'm sure they're yummy.
sounds like our sundays! It's good to know we're not the only ones struggling on that day. & I really do have those same expectations...oh well - maybe one day. thanks for the good laugh.
Post a Comment