November 12, 2009

One Year Older

So I had a birthday yesterday! At breakfast I tried tell Abby I was only turning 28, but she quickly let me know that that was impossible. Who taught this kid how to count? Oh well . . . there is nothing wrong with having a math wiz for a child, right?

After last year's birthday, I realized I had to let Ben know what needs to happen on my birthdays. I really don't need much, but now he knows that if I ever say "oh don't do anything" . . . I am lying. That comment really means . . . YOU figure my birthday out and it better be thoughtful! Why are girls so complicated?

Anywho . . . I had a GREAT birthday breakfast prepared by Ben and the girls. Later in the day I made this bread pictured below with my new BOSCH! (Okay . . . I know this might sound like I need expensive gifts for my birthday to be a happy one, but that truly is not the case . . . we have been talking about getting one for the last year . . . and I guess my birthday was as good a day as any to go get it!)


For dinner, my family took me to Tucanos! I love that place! We ate until we could barely waddle home.


My sister Lisa and her husband Alex made me a birthday cake which we all enjoyed after dinner. Thanks for everything and for all the birthday wishes!
Photobucket

5 comments:

Susan said...

Happy Birthday Shelley!! So glad you had great day.

Lizzy said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY!! I'm so excited for you that you got your Bosch! That bread looked really yummy too :) I'm glad you had such a fun birthday and that you got everything you wanted!

Jana Clegg said...

Happy Belated Birthday! You deserve to be spoiled with lots of love and attention. You're amazing. I'm glad it was a great day.

Ryan O'Berry said...

No kidding. Why are girl's so complicated?

Rebekah said...

WOW!! Such a FUN birthday...,im glad BEn finally figured it out, you would have thought with all his sisters he would have known anyways:) Ok, that is SO exciting about your bosch, there is nothing better-those are the best! Tucanos is so delicious--i miss all those fun Utah restaurants! Happy Birthday again!
love you,
REbekah