January 30, 2010

Did I Know I Had Just Met My Future Husband?

(Me, Winnie, Sunshine & Leah in London, January 2000)

Absolutely not!

10 years ago I had just graduated from BYU . . . not married . . . which made me a little old to be single by BYU/Provo, Utah standards (hahaha!). I had just returned from a week long trip to London with some girlfriends. I had just started my first "real" full time job at an insurance company in downtown Salt Lake.

10 years ago TODAY I met Ben

We met at a fireside

He played the piano (impressive)

He had straight teeth (very important)

He was handsome

He was polite

I thought there might have been a connection between us

He wanted to put on a musical fireside featuring HIM, with a stake choir backing him up with"oooh's and aahh's" (too bad, a little too "confident" for me)

I didn't think I would ever see him again . . . and that was okay

Isn't life funny?

Photobucket

1 comment:

Melinda H. said...

Congrats on ten years! Life is funny and aren't you happy you did see him again?