June 22, 2010

9 Years Old

9 years ago, at this VERY moment, Abby was 5 minutes old. The c-section had been terrifying for me. I remember being very scared, excited, and not sure how to take care of a baby. Luckily, babies are VERY durable, because obviously Abby survived despite having me as a mother! I am NOT kidding when I say I did not know what to do . . . it was a really hard few months.

Abby turned 9 today, and I realized that Ben and I are already halfway done with our time with Abby at home! In another 9 years, she will have just graduated from high school and soon be off to college. Doesn't that seem crazy?

Abby's birthday dinner. We had Abby's dinner the night before her birthday, so Ben could be home for it . . . you know, we have to work around that school schedule.


Birthday breakfast consisted of stuffed french toast and fried eggs. She also got a few gifts that she REALLY wanted!


Usually we do some sort of themed birthday party at home, but this year Abby wanted to go to Chuck E. Cheese! Wahoo! It was so fun!

It is so hard to decide what to spend all those tickets on.

Gifts and cupcakes. Chocolate cupcakes, with Abby's favorite frosting . . . and decorated with everyone's first initial. Abby sure knows what she wants!

Abby is such a great girl. She really is so grown up . . . sometimes too grown up! She helps me so much and is so nice to her younger sisters and brother. Happy Birthday Abby!


4 comments:

Jim and Nina said...

Looks like it was a very fun day. Happy Birthday Abby.

Rebekah said...

first off--i LOVE your new blog layout...did you make it yourself or is there a blog site that i can steal it from:) Anyways, i can't believe Abby is 9 years old! she is such a smart and amazing little girl. It looked like such a special birthday and party... i loved your tissue paper ball decorations...really made the party! I can't wait to see you in about a month--i really miss you!
love, Rebekah

Candi said...

Happy birthday Abby! It's so crazy that a year has already passed since I was at her baptism. That went sooo fast! I'm sure it went even faster for you.

J, C, and E said...

A belated happy birthday Abby! I miss seeing you and your family at church each week. You are definitely one of my favorite girls from Primary!