Okay, now to why I will not camp with Austin for a couple more years. To start out with, he was so grumpy. In his defense, he had been sick a day or two before, and we now realize that he has some back teeth coming in.
BUT . . . it was so hard to deal with a grumpy baby at a campsite. He refuses to walk . . . and so I felt like I couldn't really ever put him down. He didn't want to be in the stroller. He just wanted to fight being held.
He went to bed okay, and so then I was hopeful that we would have a successful camping trip. Now . . . let's just get this straight, to ME . . . a successful camping trip is my children sleeping the ENTIRE night . . . without crying or screaming or having a hard time in the tent.
Okay . . . so back to my story, Austin went to bed GREAT! We put him to bed really late for him, but seemed to really enjoy being put to bed. He slept through the girls getting ready for bed. He actually slept for several hours without making a sound. I went to bed VERY hopeful . . . I mean, he sleeps so well at home.
Around 3am however, he woke up. Let's just say he cried, and SCREAMED, on and off until around 5am. NOT FUN! I'm not sure that we will even be invited to this campout again next year, but even if we are . . . I don't think Austin can come. To me, it is just so much work to gather everything and go camping, to only have a TERRIBLE night once all the activities are over. I'm lame I know. I just really like to sleep at night. . . .
Maybe we will just start camping in backyard more often!
3 comments:
Oh you poor thing!! I'm so sorry it was miserable. Maybe in a few years you will feel up to it again.
Don't give up!!!
I don't like camping with a child who doesn't walk. It is the hardest. But if you give in to the dirt and let him crawl in it and eat it if he wants-it makes it easier and less stressful. Big bath when you get home!! The more you go the better it gets. We are going to be camping on the fourth and hiking with my 6 and 4 year old, 23 month old and new baby. There will be moments of crying and tantrums and kids not wanting to go any further but over all it is a fun time. Just like you had.
When you go while they are really little they get used to it fast and they love it too. What a beautiful place you went. Looks like a ton of fun. I wish my ward would do that!
I'm so sorry Austin didn't sleep well. For me, pretty much nothing is worth it if I can't get a good night's sleep. Hopefully, things will go better next time!
Post a Comment