January 23, 2011

The Castle

A little over a month ago this beautiful building, (the Provo Tabernacle . . . picture courtesy of somewhere online) caught on fire and was completely ruined. SO TRAGIC!

Gwen, who is 4, has loved this building along with everyone else familiar with it. She always called it "the castle" and claimed she would get married there.

The other day we were driving in Provo, and she started talking about how sad it was that "the big castle" burned down. Then, with a sigh, she said . . . ,"now I guess I'll just have to get married in the temple."

I tried hard not to laugh out loud.

5 comments:

Lizzy said...

lol what a let down :)

Susan said...

Too cute Shelley! BTW, how did I not know that you played the piano? What a bad friend I am. I hope y'all are doing great!

Jim and Nina said...

That is awfully cute!!

AO said...

That is such a great story. How wise is Gwen :)

Anonymous said...

Very cute story! Glad you wrote it down.