September 16, 2009

Superfan

Okay, I have to take a moment and brag about my husband for a minute. A few months ago, Ben and his cousin Joel entered this:

COUGAR GRID-VIDS

BYU Football Commercial Contest

BYU Sports Marketing is holding the 2nd Annual Cougar Grid Vids competition. All excited football fans are invited to create a 30 second TV commercial for the 2009 football season. Six winning commercials will be selected, and one will be played at halftime of each Cougar home game on the Jumbo Screen. A Grand Prize winner will be selected to receive two season tickets and their commercial will be shown at the BYU/Utah football game on November 28, 2009.


And they WON THE GRAND PRIZE!!!!!!!


This commercial was originally going to be aired at the BYU/Utah football game on November 28th. BUT . . . BYU bumped it up to this Saturday's Florida State game because they want to use live shots of the main actor from their commercial throughout the season--they thought he was so funny in the commercial they want to have him pump up the crowd throughout the entire season! Do we have a new mascot???


So . . . all you football fans out there that may be attending the BYU game this weekend, watch for Ben & Joel's "Superfan" commercial on the Jumbo Screen!




P.S. They asked Ben not to post the video until after the Florida State game so look for it on YouTube late Saturday night!

4 comments:

Lizzy said...

That is SOOOOOOO cool!!!! I wish I was going to be there so that I could see it! Will you have a video to post later?? Congrats Ben!!

Candi said...

I want to see the video too! Is there anywhere else we can see it?

Abby said...

Shelley- Thanks for your love and support! I couldn't have done it without YOU!
Love,
Ben

P.S. I love what you've done with the blog!

Rebekah said...

Oh my gosh! that is so exciting and so cool! Doug and I are so proud:) I told Doug and he said, "of course! he is SO good at that kind of stuff" ...and ben, you really are! Congrats and we can't wait to see the commercial:)
love you!
Rebekah