June 6, 2010

It's Worth it, Right?

So, Ben was out of town again this weekend for another conference. Between him being gone for work, school, church, more work . . . I'm feeling like a single parent! Except that I don't have to bring home the bacon too. I know, I know . . . a lot of moms do everything on their own. I guess I am just more aware of what a needy wife I am right now! Some days are fine, and some days I think I can't do it anymore. I am ready for a family vacation, or at least for him to have his 4 week summer break from school! I'm sure down the road we will be SO glad that he got his MBA . . . at least we better be! We are almost half way done! And now that I say that . . . I guess I realize this time is going by quickly . . . but . . . oh, woe is me anyway:)

Here are some pictures of Memorial Day weekend fun.



4 comments:

Kate said...

I'm so impressed by you, Shelley! You are not lame to be whining... I'm a needy wife too, and it's hard to share our husbands! And I only have ONE kid! I can't even imagine how you juggle four. Remember, the blessings will come... it will be worth it!

First Class Fitness said...

I feel you - you feel bad complaining because you know so any people are worse off than you, but it still really sucks. We're in the same boat. Kind of. My husband doesn't get to come home but I only have 1 kid to deal with so I think we're probably pretty even :) Hang in there. I'm sure it really will be worth it in the end.

J, C, and E said...

I know the feeling! Jeff was gone for 2 weeks in May and is currently gone for another 3 weeks (our time's almost up, he'll be home on Thursday). Being a single mom is not fun and I only have one to deal with. You're stronger than me to take care of 4!

Kristi said...

I know how you're feeling - having your husband gone all the time stinks! You can call me anytime if you feel the need to talk to an adult or just to vent. I hope you have fun in July with Ben's break from school!