July 18, 2010

Am I at the Coast?

Um . . . I have NEVER worn my swimsuit to the Coast before. Well, maybe once when I was still single. . . but honestly, I remember that really I was just trying to pretend that it was warmer than it was. And I NEVER got in the water . . . it's never hot enough outside to WANT to.

We went to the Seaside, OR during our trip, and it was at least 95 degrees! I could not believe it! When I think of going to the Oregon Coast, I imagine cloudy skies, wind, COLD, eating elephant ears, flying kites . . . NOT a Southern California experience. Well have it be known that on July 7, 2010 . . . I felt like we were at a California beach . . . in OREGON! It was crazy and so much fun!


Ben wanted to wear his swimsuit to the beach, and the kids wanted to also. I brought my swimsuit too, but I also brought JACKETS. I only let my family bring their swimsuits because they didn't seem to understand that we were going to the Coast . . . and it wasn't worth the battle . . . I figured they would see that I was right soon enough.

My parents went to go buy these sweet wind/sun shades after being here for about 1/2 hour. Like I said . . . it was a little hotter than expected. Okay . . . now that I am thinking about it . . . I guess we knew that it was SUPPOSED to be in the 90's that day . . . but it was just so hard to picture it actually coming to pass.


I'm so glad they all wanted to wear their swimsuits . . . and I'm glad I brought mine! Now my kids think that the Oregon Coast is hot . . . so we will have to come again sometime under more normal circumstances so they can get the REAL Oregon Coast experience! BUT . . . it was really fun to have this kind of weather!


2 comments:

Lisa said...

A hot day at Seaside?! That's awesome! I don't think I've ever worn my swimsuit there, either.

Jim and Nina said...

Great pictures!!