July 22, 2010

Leveled


After visiting OMSI for the day with the kids, I took Ben for a drive. Whenever I go home, I often make my family go on the "Shelley Show" drive. You know . . . we visit my schools and the other houses my family lived in and such. Definitely the highlight of the trip for them, I am sure!

I don't think ANY buildings from my past have been torn down yet (until now). But, I'm not counting college buildings. BYU and formerly Ricks College do updates to their building and campus all the time . . . so I realized once I started going to BYU that I would probably not see some of those buildings one day.

SO . . . THIS is different. My first elementary school, Orchards Elementary, was torn down a few years ago I guess. It was replaced with a big, pretty, new building in a slightly different location.

The foundation is still there though (along with some of the bathroom tiled floors), so I was able to pick out where I believed different things to be. I went to this school from Kindergarten through most of 3rd grade.

I had weird dreams the night after looking walking around this place. It was a little traumatizing!


1 comment:

Rebekah said...

ok, this is officially my favorite blog posts of yours to date! this map is so good...so informative and so funny (that wall ball wall was the best!) i can imagine why this was traumatizing for you...unreal that your little school with all your little memories are just gone :( Your trip to Oregon looked so fun, and your kids look so cute and happy. I am so excited to see you and your family, and for brady to see austin because I think they will actually be able to play and interact this time:)
love you,
REbekah