Anyone recognize these falls from the first Twilight movie? Multnomah Falls received a few seconds of screen time in that movie. So . . . I guess that means I am from a pretty cool place!Day 2 of our trip was so much fun . . . and a workout! To start out, we hiked Multnomah Falls. It is only about a 1 mile hike. But that baby backpack . . . I tell ya . . . made me feel so out of shape. I don't think I have ever thought of Multnomah Falls as a "hard" hike before. I need to start wearing that thing around more often! Ha!
Oh, and if anyone is wondering "why doesn't her husband wear that backpack for her"? It is at my request. I like the workout. But more importantly, when Gwen gets tired (and she always does) Ben can carry her (she's a bit heavier)!



Here is my favorite part. It seems like it became tradition years ago, that after a hike to Mulnomah Falls, one must get ice cream at this little place that looks like a hole-in-the-wall. These "flavor burst" cones are awesome! I had been thinking about these cones the whole week before we came!
It helped that the sun wasn't really out. The last time we were here and got these treats, they melted in about 30 seconds!

We made it to the top!
Next, we went to Cascade Locks to have a picnic. It felt SOOO cold! It is so windy out there!
Stay tuned for day number 3!
4 comments:
Wow, that place is gorgeous! Kinda makes me sad b/c I really want to go hiking & no one will go with me :(
Great job with the pictures - especially the ice cream. :-)
Ok I really want one of those ice cream cones!! And, I love Abby's shades in the ice cream pic . . . she is way TOO cool :)
You know you can get the burst cones at Barry's in Spanish Fork. I often get a banana burst shake when we go there.
-Sara Hatch Barber (Steve's sister)
Post a Comment