I took our family on the classic elementary school field trip . . . to Fort Vancouver. For me, this place is much more interesting as an adult! For those who don't know, Fort Vancouver, established in 1825, was the hub of an extensive fur trading post for the British Hudson's Bay Company. In 1866, the original buildings were destroyed by fire. I didn't get a good picture of any of the buildings, so the one above is taken from somewhere on the internet.It is a pretty interactive place, where tour guides will take you through the buildings and tell you about them, do demonstrations and such. It doesn't seem like much has changed since my elementary school days.
2 comments:
Love the matching outfits! These kids are all so big . . . I can't wait to see you all in a week and a half!!!!
That picture of Ben and Austin is so cute! I haven't been to the Fort in so long! Probably not since elementary school. Looks like you guys had so much fun out in Vancouver!
Post a Comment